Submit a Proposal
ACI accepts proposals for educational sessions at our regional and national events from professionals from all sectors of the home performance and weatherization industry. We seek dynamic and engaging topics in building science, technology, program design, business operations, and beyond, with clear learning objectives that appeal to diverse audiences.
Standard educational sessions are 90 minutes in length, with approximately 60 minutes for the presentation and 30 minutes for questions and answers.
If this is your first time submitting, or you'd like a refresher on ACI's proposal submission guidelines, select the link below
- Proposal Checklist for the 2015 ACI Northwest Regional Home Performance Conference - deadline is October 21, 2014
Please note: the deadline for proposal submissions for ACI's National Home Performance Conference has passed. We thank everyone who submitted, and look forward to seeing you in New Orleans for this exciting event on May 5-7. Follow #aci15 on social media for the latest updates!
Learn About ACI's Proposal Selection Process
How Are Proposals Chosen?
ACI and the program committees review and select the sessions that will appear on the agenda based on a range of criteria. We seek lively sessions that enable conference attendees to sharpen their skills, broaden their knowledge bases, and advance their careers.
- Challenge attendees to examine problems or challenges in new ways
- Cover new ground, or address existing topics from a fresh perspective
- Provide the opportunity for audience participation
- Include session presenters who bring depth, experience, and energy
- Appeal to the diverse group of professionals in attendance, including contractors, manufacturers, utilities, program managers, auditors, HVAC, and more
Please note: ACI does not generally showcase a single organization's work or program in our educational sessions. However, we may consider a session that examines specific initiatives if it has clearly demonstrated success through evidence and statistics, examines the rationale for the strategy and lessons learned, and focuses on transferability to others.
What Am I Required to Do as a Proposal Submitter?
- Provide ACI with current contact information, biographical information, and a current photograph
- Meet all deadlines
- Make any refinements based on recommendations by the Program Committee
- Finalize the session's format and description
- Identify audio visual needs
- Register and attend the conference for which you are submitting a proposal